Your Cart is Empty
AGES 9-36+ MONTHS
AGES 0 - 8 MONTHS
September 26, 2023 4 min read
Bringing a new baby into the world is an exciting yet overwhelming experience. If you are a new or soon-to-be parent, you may be asking yourself, "What is a baby lounger and do I *actually* need one?". Among the myriad of baby products on the market, is it truly worth the investment?
In this blog post, we delve into the pros and cons of baby loungers to help you decide if a baby lounger is *really* worth it.
A baby lounger is a cosy and comfortable space for little one to lounge, play and observe their surroundings when supervised during the day. They typically feature a central space for baby to lay surrounded by raised sides which are soft and cushioned to create a nurturing environment.
Knowing what a baby lounger is may not be enough to convince you if they are worth it…
Baby loungers serve more than just one purpose and are beneficial for babies and parents too!
1. Soothing + Settling - Baby loungers re-invent the womb to calm and comfort your baby throughout the day.
2. Tummy Time - The firmly padded sides offer the perfect elevation to support your baby during tummy time.
3. Play Time - Convert your baby lounger into an instant play gym with DockATot's Toy Arches. Your baby will love reaching for and playing with the dangly, crinkly toys which will improve muscle tone, encourage fine motor skills and promote sensory development.
4. On-the-Go Familiarity - Baby loungers offer a familiar and therefore comforting environment whether at home, on-the-go or travelling!
1. An Extra Set of Hands - The most popular baby lounger benefit is the way it gives parents safe handsfree opportunities throughout the day. They are perfect for those inevitable ‘I just need to pop baby down’ moments! See the top 25 ways parents love to use their baby loungers here.
2. Portability - Lightweight and portable, baby loungers are easy to move around the house and are perfect for travel. By facilitating physical proximity between baby and caregiver, baby loungers help keep baby calm and promote bonding through interaction.
3. Keep Baby Safe + Contained - While going about your daily parenting life, it is handy to know that with a baby lounger your baby is comfy, safe and contained as the raised sides help to prevent rolling. Here is more info on safe usage.
4. Convenience - A baby lounger provides convenience for new parents as they multi-task alongside baby. When your little one in lounging in their baby lounger, it gives you the chance to tackle your to-do list, enjoy a cup of coffee or wrangle the toddler all while keeping a watchful eye on your baby.
5. Multiple Uses - A baby lounger offers the functionality of many baby products in one. This not only saves spending money on unnecessary baby products but reduces our eco-footprint by minimising our shopping list for baby.
The question we're all here for: Is a baby lounger *really* worth it?
The short answer. Yes!
Baby loungers make parenting easier.
Parenting arrives with a whole host of products that we’re told we can’t live without! Essentially all a baby needs is a loving person to provide nourishment, comfort and safety. But sometimes parents need both hands free to get things done and a little extra support. Which is where a baby lounger comes in – a safe and comfortable place for your baby lounge throughout the day, whenever and wherever.
A baby lounger = Your BBF in parenthood!
While baby loungers are a baby must-have and helpful in early parenthood, it's important to consider a few thing before choosing which one is best for you and your family:
1. Essential Elements - Here's the fundamental components you want to look for in your baby lounger to ensure you get the best and most out of your lounger:
- Padded base for comfort
- Flat base for safety
- Handle for portability
- Machine washable
- Made to grow with baby
2. Safety Testing - It is vital your baby lounger has been safety tested and meets safety standards
3. Quality + Materials - Naturally, you want the best for your baby and therefore it's important to ensure the fabric is soft and gentle on baby's skin and free from harmful substances.
4. Multi-Functionality - Check if you can use the lounger in multiple ways. The DockATot is the only lounger to offer multi-functional accessories including an attachable Toy Arch, Cabana Kit and Base Protector.
5. Age Limits + Longevity - Check the brand’s recommendations to ensure that the baby lounger is suitable for your baby's age and weight. The DockATot will adapt to suit your baby’s growing needs.
The DockATot Baby Lounger is a new parent lifesaver with 25+ multi-functional uses! Whilst there are plenty of baby loungers on the market, DockATot sets itself apart in terms of multi-functionality, quality, design and longevity.
The baby essential you can take anywhere, the DockATot calms and comforts your baby. Experience the daily difference a DockATot makes by giving you handsfree moments to simplify the parenting-juggle.
DockATot baby loungers were designed by parents for parents as a practical everyday solution that doesn’t compromise on style or quality. Each DockATot combines intelligent Swedish design with expert European craftsmanship and is hand-cut and hand-sewn with intricate care. The attention to detail that goes into every component of the design is what makes each DockATot so exquisite.
Still not convinced? Read over 4700+ 5-star real parent reviews on the DockATot here!
Ultimately, the decision of whether a baby lounger is worth it depends on your individual circumstances and preferences. If you value the convenience, portability for you as parents and comfort it provides for your little one, a baby lounger is an essential baby product!
Comments will be approved before showing up.
Enjoy early access to new product launches, limited editions and special promotions