Summer is now well and truly filling our days with warmth and sunshine! With exotic international destinations out of reach for now, it’s the perfect time to explore our wonderful backyard.
If this is your first adventure with your baby, congratulations on welcoming a little one into the world. Travelling with a baby creates wonderful family memories but does come with is challenges. We have some helpful tips on how you can master your next family holiday.
With plenty of incredible stay-cations to choose from (and with this handy list in tow), the hardest part will be choosing where to visit next!
6. Nappy wipes. Bring them along or buy them at your destination, either way they are great for wiping down surfaces, cleaning sticky fingers and on-the-go nappy changes! If you’re looking for more sustainable option, take a look at Ecoriginals and their range of biodegradable wipes.
7. Request an empty seat next to you on the plane. Depending on the age of your little one, you will be able to have them on your lap for the duration of the flight at no extra cost but if you are wanting a more comfortable flight without them in your arms or on your lap, then a spare seat will be a godsend.
8. Don’t forget their sleeping bags or swaddlers. For on the go naps or overnight sleeping, having a zipped sleeping bag or swaddler will ensure ease around transitioning into and out of sleep especially when out and about.
9. Feed during take-off and landing. If you can book a flight that coincides with feeding and nap time, then this is the one to go for! Feeding during take-off and landing will help with the air pressure changes and there’s the added bonus of getting nap time in before you land.
10. Rain noise and other sounds on your phone. If your baby prefers to fall asleep to the noise of rain or white noise, then look at finding sounds on your phone to play as they fall asleep.
Travelling with a baby is a wonderful way to explore the local gems in our wonderful backyard, and hopefully these little tips will help when you decide to jet-off. Don’t forget to enjoy your getaway regardless of what happens, lessons can always be learnt for next time!
As Confuscius says, ‘wherever you go, go with all your heart.’
Simplifying life for new parents, DockATot is your extra set of hands.
The multi-functional DockATot is the perfect place for your baby to lounge, play, rest, cuddle, and enjoy tummy time. The DockATot is here for you no matter where the day takes you! Created to mimic the womb and voted as a must-have baby product, parents and babies around the world love DockATot.
From parents who know:
"Life saver! No matter if we are home or out and about, we always take our DockATot with us. So easy for on the go and also easy to clean." - Alexia D
"My little girl absolutely loves her DockATot! Would 100% recommend this to anyone having a baby. Sadie has excellent naps and I do believe this is one of the reasons why." - Carmen F
"This has honestly been my lifesaver post c-section. The DockATot means I can have him next to me all the time and not move around too much." - Meagan L