MADE IN EUROPE
HARMFUL SUBSTANCES FREE
DockATot® is not designed to prevent a baby from rolling over. Rolling over is a natural development, which should be encouraged during waking and supervised time. Up until approx. 8 months, one must always place a child to sleep on his/her back. As to bedding, it is advisable to use wearable blankets, such as sleeping bags.
DockATot® does not harbour heat. A very strong feature which we have seen in our testing both independent and in-house is that an infant does not develop excessive perspiration from body heat with the DockATot®.
TOP BABY LOUNGER SAFETY GUIDELINES
DockATot was created by designer Lisa Furuland for her two sons. As a mum, baby safety is her top priority. As a DockATot distributor and mum of four, I’m here to share the DockATot love and promote safe baby lounger use in Australia and New Zealand.
Here are our top baby lounger safety guidelines
Use the DockATot Unenclosed
Padded products including all baby loungers should never be placed inside a cot, bassinet, Moses basket or similar. (You can use a Grand DockATot in a cot with a baby over 12 months old.)
Baby Loungers are to be used only when you are in the same room as your baby, no matter whether baby is sleeping, lounging or playing.
No Loose Blankets
If your baby needs some extra warmth when in their baby lounger, wrap your baby in a fitted swaddle. Loose blankets should not be placed either on top or underneath a baby as this poses as a suffocation risk.
Safe Baby Positioning
Babies should only be placed on their back when sleeping, with their feet touching the bottom of the baby lounger. Baby Loungers are excellent for tummy time when babies are awake and alert.
Right Size for the Right Age
Placing babies that are too young in the Grand/Toddler size lounger loses the ‘soothing magic’ since they are too small to feel snuggled and therefore are not as comforted. Babies can graduate to the Grand/Toddler size when they have developed enough upper body strength to roll over and back again, usually around 9 mths old.
Use the DockATot Fully Assembled
Don’t use the parts individually. The DockTot is only to be used when fully assembled with the mattress and tube inside the cover.
A Message about Co-Sleeping
The American Academy of Paediatrics has determined that the safest place for a baby to sleep during the first year of life is in a cot, bassinet or play yard in the parents' bedroom.
DockATot recognises that many people believe strongly that infants and young children should never sleep with adults in their bed, while others believe that such co-sleeping provides benefits. Many who choose to co-sleep with a DockATot dock find that the sides help establish a separate space for the baby that is close by to the parent(s).
If you choose to use a dock while co-sleeping, in addition to consulting with your paediatrician, be sure to follow these seven precautions:
- Place the dock on a firm mattress only. Be sure it lays flat and remains flat with adult(s) in the bed.
- Position dock in centre of bed, near headboard. Each side of the dock should be at least 30cm from edge of bed.
- Make sure there are no extra pillows on the bed that can go over the baby while in the dock. Pillows and covers present a suffocation risk to your baby. Each parent should use only the pillow under their heads.
- Make sure there are no covers (including blankets, sheets, pillowcases, shams, comforters, and other bedding) over the dock. Covers placed over the dock can end up over the baby’s face. Covers can also cause overheating which is associated with increased risk of Sudden Infant Death Syndrome. Parents should use separate covers to reduce risk of blankets being pulled up over the baby.
DOCKATOT® CERTIFICATIONS AND SAFETY STANDARDS
We take our safety and quality certifications very seriously. Here is a chart showing all our components and certifications levels. DockATot® is the original, premium baby lounger. Do not purchase DIY or imitator products as none have been safety tested and could be dangerous for your baby.
DockATot® DELUXE and GRAND have been tested in Europe and the US and Canada and proven to comply with all of the following standards:
- Oeko-Tex certification, Standard 100, Class 1
Non-woven liner fabric
Protective sleeve fabric
- All components Intertek tested for and proven free from harmful substances
- Tested for compliance with US Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act of 2008
- Tension tested for 'Normal and reasonably foreseeable use and abuse
- Tube air permability according to BS4578
- Resistant to ignition according to BS5852
- 16 CRF 1632 flammability testing
- Phthalate testing Small parts and use and abuse testing under 16 CFR 1500.50
- Heavy metal testing
- ASTM F-963-11
- California Bulletins 116 and 117 flammability testing
- California Proposition 65
- 16 CFR PART 1500.53(f) (1-1-12) (CAN)
- CAN/CGSB-4.2 N° 27.5-2008
- REACG certified manufacturer and assures that materials and processes are free from SVHC .
- The DELUXE pad meets with the AS/NZS 8811.1:2013. Methods of testing infant products – Part 1: Sleep surfaces – Test for firmness.
- ASTM D3574-08 Sections 16 through 21 for Indentation Force Deflection. High ratio (= excellent support factor).
Please Read Before Purchasing or Using